Sunday, June 3, 2012

Minecraft (again)

Hello!

Yes, it has been a considerable amount of time since my last post, but alas, I have returned! And I have returned with another post about Minecraft. I'm not going to be criticizing it, analysing it, or judging it. Merely, sharing my personal thoughts for improvement about it.

First of all: The multi player needs a lot of work; boats are insanely hard to manoeuvre, from all of my experiences playing I usually end up breaking my boats, because it't too hard to turn them fast enough.
Also, whenever I join a PvP server, I usually end up dying a fair bit, due to lag. Now, I know that this isn't Mojangs fault, but it's still annoying nevertheless, and whenever I play a fast paced game of League of Legends, Halo, or Counter-Strike, I never end up worrying about the lag, because there never seems to be any.
It's just a very annoying thing, and it also applies to the mobs in the game as well, you can swing away and it can take a few seconds before they register.
Minecarts are even more laggy and hopeless than boats, as they go about five blocks before stopping, glitching a bit and then going again. Or sometimes, just stopping altogether (even if it has speed).

I also think that Minecraft should be more player-oriented in it's updates, as we always just see the 'snapshots' of updates, which after they are released, they ask people to report glitches and bugs. I think that they should make polls as to what players would want to see added or changed in the game, to make it it a better overall experience. This would allow Mojang to connect with the fas more, and really get to know what the fans want, because some updates end up being pretty useless.

Now, things that I think would be quite cool to see on Minecraft would be a whole new enchanting system. I mean,  just using levels to get a random upgrade on a tool, sword or bit of armour is all fine and dandy, but what if you could use other things along with the levels to upgrade? Perhaps new ores that can be infused into the enchanted item upon enchanting to give it more variations of properties.
One example could be a Ruby. If you inserted a Ruby or two into the swords hilt when you enchanted it, it could have some sort of internal bleeding effect, which makes the enemy take damage over time, and slows them for x seconds. Or, every time a player hits a critical with it, there is a 20% chance to stun the enemy for 1.5 seconds, and doing an extra heart and a half of damage to them.
This would open up enchanting by a lot, considering there could be any number of new enchanting gems, and a whole lot more stats to play around with and experiment.

Another addition to enchanting could be Cursing. It would be like enchanting, but the table, instead of diamonds has a rare ore found in the Nether. This could use anything, such as health, hunger, levels, or any other sort of payment. When you Curse something, there is a 50/50 chance that it will give it an upgrade or it will have a negative effect, such as destroying it, killing you and taking all your (payment for Cursing), or just having bad stats on the item. This, once again, would open up the enchanting field, and allow for a lot more experimenting to happen, and risks taken.

This is only a few things I have, as me and a friend who play Minecraft together often talk about things that could be added or changed for the better. I don't want to make this post too long and daunting, so I might post more about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment